As a university professor, I provide lectures at the Institute for Chemistry of the Technische Universität Berlin The supervision of PhD, Master, and Bachelor theses is generally conducted at the Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ) in Berlin-Adlershof where I work.
Since summer 2012, I give a lecture on 'Fundamentals, methods, and applications of crystal growth' at the TU Berlin, which spans over two semesters. The lecture is a ECTS recognized module in the master study of chemistry and recommended for the directions of 'materials-related chemistry', 'synthesis and catalysis', and 'technical chemistry'. But the lecture is also dedicated and recommended as a 'Wahlfach' for master students in chemistry, technical chemistry, physics, or materials science.
Additionally, I present the science of crystal growth in the series of lectures by different speakers for master students in chemistry and I contribute to interdisciplinary university projects and lectures. More details are found on the subsequent pages.
Voluntary work in University Committees
- As a professor: Guest Member of the Council of the Institute of Chemistry at TU Berlin and Attendee to Retreats and Workshops of the Department of Natural Sciences at TU Berlin (since 2011)
- As a lecturer (Privatdozent): Member of the "Professorium" of the Department of Materials Science at the University of Erlangen (2008-2011)
- As a PhD student: Member and secretary of the Study Commission in Materials Science in the Department at the University of Erlangen (1998-2001)
Voluntary work in Science Administration and Service
- At the Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung, Berlin:
- Deputy of the director of the Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (seit 2012)
- Supervision and coordination of the IT team and activities at IKZ (since 2012)
- Supervision of the IKZ technical services (teams installation engineering, workshop, utilities management) (2012-2019)
- At the chair of Electrical Engineering Materials, University of Erlangen:
- In charge of computer network, hardware management, and central hardware acqusition (2001-2011)
- Software licensing (contact person to the university's computer administration) (2003-2011)
- Administrating of the chair's server and mail accounts (2001-2011)
- Designing the Chair's content for the "40th Anniversary of the Technical Faculty" brochure (2006)